Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to import text file to public calendar? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valier

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2003
SE
Is it possible to import a text file e.g. public holidays into a public calendar in Outlook?
(Exchange server 5.5)
It´s easy to import it to a local private calendar.
But does it work in a public folder?

Mike, Stockholm, Sweden

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I can copy stuff from private to public calendar, but I want to import e.g. public holidays and other "events" that covers the whole year.

It is too big a job to copy them one by one.
And I can´t find a way to mark them up to copy them in batches.

I´m looking for a way to fill all year form a text file.

Maybe it´s not possible?

Hi Vailer,

Sorry for the late reply, just came across this thread again. There is a way to select multiple appointments at once; you can use the advanced find feature against the calendar. The search results will give you a nice list of appointments that you can select in bulk by using the shift or control keys. If you want to list all of the apointments in the calendar, just leave the search criteria blank.

It is also possible to import from a text file into a public folder calendar using the Outlook Object Model (VBA or vbscript). I could put something together pretty quick if you still need to do your import.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back