Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to import Outlook 98 data into Notes Client? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailen

MIS
Dec 3, 1999
US
Visit site
I have Outlook98 users (SMTP mail only) who want to use the Notes client for e-mail. I have the Notes clients all setup and they receive both SMTP and notes mail just fine. Is there a way I can import the old Outlook inbox into Notes so they have their old messages?<br>
<br>
Outlook allows you to export the inbox in a text format, but how does one import them in Notes?<br>

there are few 3-rd party tools that allow for easy data import/export. few of them are listed here:<br>
<br>
<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"><br>
take a look at Sentinel and YMerge, they're both may help you.<br>
<br>
another thing to look at is the new (5.02) version of domino server that supposedly supports Outlook as a client. not sure, but there may be an even easier way to convert messages there. let us know how you managed it!<br>
<br>
good luck!<br>
<br>
rouslan<br>
<A HREF=" TARGET="_new">

ok, thank's rzen<br>
<br>
Next question, I have Outlook98 users (SMTP mail only)with outlook98 clients who want to read their old Notes inbox with outlook. Can i use Sentinel or YMerge ?<br>
<br>
thank's<br>
<br>

i don't think those products will help you there, those are pretty much for data conversion. however, Lotus has announced that they include support for Outlook client to Domino server (called iNotes, see <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> ) i have not yet tried it myself, so cannot testify if its a viable option. lloks like worth a try, though.<br>
<br>
rouslan<br>
<A HREF=" TARGET="_new">

I believe the old Notes client have an export feature that allow the info to be saved in CSV format. Outlook easily reads that format. Otherwise, I've known people to use Excel as a conversion program. That is Notes to Excel and Excel to Outlook.<br>
<br>
I'll look into the two conversion packages and inform everyone if they solved the problem.<br>

try the binary migration tool... it has worked perfectly and the setup was great as well as the transfer.. it transferred everything from the inbox down to the deleted items...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back