Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to import address book into Lotus Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

maleksmom

Technical User
Feb 17, 2002
US
I am trying to understand how to Import an address book from Outlook express 5.0 into Lotus Notes. Any suggestions??

Assuming this is a local Address book You can either
1. Go into the book and select all the addresses you wish to export and then select file export save as a structured text file. Import using file import and select the structured text file. This will not work for distribution lists.
2. Assuming you know what the name of the nsf file the address book is stored as copy that file to where it is needed, get the person to double click on it through windows explorer, it will automatically open up in notes and place an icon on the workspace. The contents can then be copied and pasted, including the distribution lists.

HTH

Sorry My bad. Must remember and read question before replying. Sorry it has been a long day, didn't see the outlook part of the question

If you check your Notes bookmark folders, there should be one in Favorite Bookmarks called 'End User Support Resources', and under Migration issues, there should be an entry for Migration Address books from Outlook to Notes. This has been done before! It does involve running an executable at the command prompt, but it does work.

Fred Wagner
frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us

Fred, can you explain it with a bit more detail? I can not find the tools you are talking about.

Thanks.

Your system must not be set up the same way - email me, and I'll clipboard our explanation into a reply, and attach the conversion utility if I can find it again. (Actually, the conversion utilities are in the Custom install on the client - check the Conversion utility box, and you can then scroll down and check the utilities you want - Netscape, CCMail, Outlook/Exchange, etc. The instructions for using them are the tricky part. I do have the ones for Netscape and Outlook, since I've used them here.

Fred Wagner
frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us

The above method works, but only if the install was "custom" as opposed to default and the converter tools were installed.. Otherwise you have to re-install. Then you should get an .exe file called nupgrade.exe. If you go to the Dos prompt and you are in the same dirrectory as the nupgrade.exe you can type "nupgrade /?" for help on how to use it.

However, my suggestion if you aren't upgrading mail, but only the address book would be to use this link:

Yeah, your welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back