Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to hot swap a power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwalz

Programmer
Oct 31, 2000
US
Can anyone help me? I have an old Proliant 3000 server and need to replace one of the power supplies. Does any one have or know where I can find instructions on how to change the power supply? Our original documentation has been lost or distroyed.
Thank you,
Janet

On the 3000's, don't you just pull out the old power supply and replace it with the new power supply? There may be a screw at the top to undo to allow the power supply to come out, but it should all be hot-swappable I think?

As long as you have at least one working supply in, service should not be affected.

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

If you go to there is link to documentation, you should be able to find the docs for this server there. The power supply on a 3000 if I am not mistaken is not hot swappable (if it is anything like the 2500 and 5000 series it is pretty ugly)

Thanks for the document link. The 3000 is hot swapable.

Thanks Again,
Janet

On any part that is hotswappable in the Proliant line they always have a Dark Red or Maron handle. This tells you that the part is hotswap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back