Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to hide your code from everyone!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

codeone

Programmer
Mar 25, 2003
US
Alright ladies in gentlemen, Code One has just made a legendary webdevelopment discovery, how to hide code from everyone. I made a page, because I figured I outta stop talkin about it, and just do it, this example is exsclusive to you, because I love you. Please go here:

Now I inputted a comment in my script, with a phrase for you to post back here if you manage to get into my code, so remember if you do, post it here, and prove me wrong, if I prove you wrong, bring your admittance here as well, and I will teach you how I did it, if you want to know.

Code One

That's not going to stop any halfway decent javascript programmer. It simply cannot be done. Why don't people just accept that and get over it?

Is this thread undead or what? It just keeps coming back, no matter what we say.

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

this is what makes "server side" scripts so good, theres nothing stopping someone from grabbing your source code with such things has,
this site -->
or making a program that requests a page straight to a textbox.

hhmmm, this started in 22 Nov 03 at 21:41 ..... wow

It simply cannot be done. Why don't people just accept that and get over it?

As i said in my post, you cannot hide it (except in IE), so yes, I have accepted that and I actually 'got over it' quite some time ago.

Is this thread undead or what? It just keeps coming back, no matter what we say.
I was simply offering a suggestion as a partial alternative. One which had not yet been suggested.

Sorry to have upset you.

Dave

I'm not upset, I just don't see why anyone would want to bother. I wasn't referrring to you personally. Sorry if it seemed that way.

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back