Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to hide VTI files in search results using idq

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidArchibald

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2000
NZ
Hi there

Keyword searching is not working so apologies if this has already been asked - I have checked.

We are running Win 2000 with IIS and have a search form with an idq page and a htx template.

The problem I have is that the vti files are being displayed in the results which is awful.

I have read around this issue quite a bit and have tried to exclude VTI vpath from the restriction parameter but aren't having much luck.

Any simple answers ideally with an querystring to illustrate?

Thanks for any help.

David

I have a similar problem. A developer recently began renaming files to, for example, index-old.html , every time he updated them, and left the old files on the live server. I now notice that the search is picking them up, even though I deleted them. How do I get it to flush out the old deleted files? When I click on the link I get the error page, which is better than getting the OLD FILE but I dont want the old pages to show up in the results at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back