Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to hide the extension number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatol75

Technical User
Feb 27, 2003
PL
Is it possible somehow or other to hide the extension number in internal connections?
I know that it is possible to hide the number of the user in a Directory. How it to do so that the number isn't visible during ringing to other users?

Give them an 5601 instead of a 5610.

Avaya-5601.jpg

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Sorry but this isn't possible i'm afraid.

You could play with the "TAG" option in the incomming call route. this will keep the number covered before answering the call.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Apparently you have one working whom the shriveling employees are afraid to speak with? No wait. You have hired a suspected serial killer who drowns his victims and the employees are too spooked to answer. Must be tough around the water cooler. Naturally I could be wrong but these types of requests are at least entertaining to read the reason and indeed entertaining for me to surmise.

So I ask why?

Then you still see the extension number !

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

I have two people: the secretary and the boss. Connections are routing to the boss only by the secretary (I used Hunt Group). The boss can ring employees up but he doesn't want them to see his number. When employees get to know the number of the director, then they will be able to ring him up directly. He doesn't want it in this way to work. Perhaps there is a possibility so that his number (Extension) is shown on phones of other employees somehow differently?

Among others therefore the boss has the included "Ex Directory" parameter in the "User" Tab.

i think you are trying to make the phone system do something that discipline would take care of.

Tell them not to phone the boss directly. problem solved.

See what my brain does when it's not thinking about phones.

Indeed, and I imagine he has something called a memory so he can remember who to sack when they do :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

You could always have his DND turned on and have anyone who is supposed to ring him in his exclusion list along with a catch all entry for external calls, I could tell you how but looks like you need the practice :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

I imagine he has something called a memory so he can remember who to sack when they do"

Technology is marvelous. he could check his call lists......

See what my brain does when it's not thinking about phones.

Use a bridged call appearance to the CA on the secretary's phone.

DDI calls to the boss will appear on the boss's CA

Train the boss to grab a bridged appearance instead of a CA when making calls internally. Calls will then appear to be from the secretary.

As tom and riddle have said - you are trying to find a technological solution to a HR issue. Train the staff correctly and then enforce the, quite frankly, stupid policy using company disciplinary procedures

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

i got a better idea, take the phone system out. problem solved, the politely ask the customer to then design their own phone system that works not like a phone system.

god i hate customers like this.

:)

Always the same old stupid story :)
I would not even want to call a boss if he or she is like that !

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Yeah I was pretty close. ;)

--------------------------------------
Test sig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back