Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to hide Page By option on web?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekar211

MIS
Dec 15, 2003
US
I have a report in which i have to use page by to display only some elements of an attribute.But i don't want to display that page by option to the end user on the web.is there any i can use the page by option on a report in desktop and hide it to the end user on the web?

Can you give more detail on why you are using the page by to filter the attribute elements displayed? You also stated that you didn't want the users to see that the report is using the page-by. At that point, you are better off just putting report filter on the attribute and limiting the elements displayed via report filter.

Actually i want to use View Filter to display only certain rows of a report result set to the end user.But since we don't have OLAP licence we don't have that option availabe and i am using page by instead to diaplay those certain rows.
So i was wondering if I can hide the page by on web and use it as a view filter in this particular report.
The repot is little complicated and i am unable to filter out with out losing other inormation by using Report filter.So i am trying this method.

I don't think there is an option anywhere in the web interface to turn off 'page by'. You may want to look creating a view in the database and applying the filter there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back