Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to hide cross tab row column based on prompt value

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejaycognos

Technical User
Dec 4, 2007
US
how to hide cross tab row based on prompt value without messing up the column title??

I did:
I created a boolean variable
on report page,
clicked on the row which I want to hide.
set the boolean variable to style variable
select box type = none.

o/p:
the required row was hidden based on prompt :)
but the measures have moved to left one cell , which leaves the last column as extra column with no data.:(

___________Qtr1_____Qtr2_____Qtr3
Div. Reg. Dist. 1%_____2%_____3%
Div. Reg. Dist. 4%_____5%_____6%

_____________Qtr1_____Qtr2_____Qtr3
Reg. Dist. 1%_____2%_____3%
Reg. Dist. 4%_____5%_____6%

please help:(

Where you say row , don't you mean column?

It is much easier to have 2 pages with the proper crosstab build and then use a render variable to show 1 of the 2 pages. You can then apply the render logic to the page without having to resort to manipulating the crosstab.

Using the none for box type is not very usefull for crosstabs

Ties Blom

so in my case I need to build 3 crosstab in each 3 different pages and use the render logic to hide and show the pages???

If so , i never done this could you please explain the steps??

thanks so much ..

You can define a string / bolean variable based on parameters values associated with the prompt.

example:

When user selects value X in the prompt (among other values), then you can check this in a boolean variable:

Code:
ParamDisplayValue('SomePrompt') contains 'X'

This evaluates to either true or false (yes / no) which you can use to render a page / or not

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back