Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to hide an email account 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandhru

Technical User
Jun 12, 2003
US
I had an employee quit the organization. but I did not disable his account in Active Directory, as we had to use his profile. but I also do not want his email Id to be visible to other users so they can send email to others. how can I hide his email account, but leave it active in Active directory. any suggestions please.

just to clearify, it took me a while to find it also

in the Active Directory and Computers
go to View menu on the top and select "Advance Features"
then go to the user you want to hide and its property, under "Exchange Advanced" tab, there is an option to "Hide from Exchange address list"
check that you wont see it in the global address book

XM

Anyone have an idea of what you do if "Exchange Advanced" tab is not available. I have "Advance Features" checked in the view and nothing... I think I'm the only guy on the planet that's experiencing this because I can find nothing on it. I just migrated from NT & Exchange 5.5 to 2003 AD and Exchange 2003 in native mode in mid December.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

/R

each machine that you want to manage exchange users from will need to have the admin tools installed via the exchange disk. this will update the ADUC tool to include the exchange tabs. else, you will just see the normal ADUC tabs. plop in the disk and install just the management tools.

scottie

Budda,
Many thanks for the answer - and you helped get me more in the direction I was looking for.

Here was my answer for anyone who may run into this:

I had to go through h*ll and high water for that one. Maybe my searching was inadequate.

Thanks,
R

Guys,

I think this would be useful too. In order to install exchange, you have to enable smtp in your system. it is availaible in windows components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back