Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to hide a measure for a level in the dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.

kambike

Programmer
Jul 24, 2001
US
Hi,

I need to hide a measure (or make its value NULL) if I drill down / up to a certain level of a dimension. e.g. I have a measure Credit Rating and I have dimension 'Customer' with levels All-Country-Customer. I want to display this measure only at the level 'Customer' and not at 'Country' and 'All'. But I can't remove these levels as they are required for other analysis. Is there any feature in Cognos to support this?

Best regards,
Gauri

Hi,

Do you mean suppression using "Allocation" tab in the dimension? I tried that, but that is at the dimension level and also I guess the measures listed there come automatically depending on the table relations. I cannot add a measure there.

Thanks and best regards,
Gauri

Create an IQD which retrieve all the lowest level dimensions , except for the Customer dimension where you stop at country.
Dimension in cube are
Date Customer Product
Year All All
Month Country Product
Customer

Then your Iqd for the measure called Credit Rating returns date, Country , Product , Credit Rating.
As you don't have the customer level, you will not have any figure for it.

Hope it s clear.

Gauri,

you can use a feature - 'External rollup'.
If you this feature, Cognos will not roll up any measure to any level. You have to provide your own transactional data source for each level.

Please refer cognos documentation for detail.

Regards
Sadhi

Hi,

I tried the external rollup. The values are shown only when all the dimensions are at the lowest level. Can it be restricted only to one dimension? say only dimension 1 must be at the lowest level it should show 0, other dimensions could be at any level.

I was following the procedure given in the help. When a measure is external rollup then I get the error saying that the data source containing one external rollup measure should contain all the measures external rollup. So I can't have just one measure like that?

Best regards,
Gauri

If you want to have 1 measure like that. You need to separate your queries. So one query will retrieve all the Normal measures, and another one will retrieve the external one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back