Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to have multiple WAN links

Status
Not open for further replies.

daidem77

MIS
Nov 30, 2005
CA
How can I direct web traffic from one wan link and all other traffic from another wan link? If the pix is attached to a switch and the switch has links from both ISP's to their gateways and if I create pat statements to achieve this, will this work?

You will need a router to do this. The pix isn't a very good router. A great Firewall though...

It has issues trying to redirect packets out the same interface it came in.

Thank you for the repply. Lets say if I get a router, do I need to have more than one interface for the different ISP lines? Any remondations with cisco routers for a medium size operation.

Well...
Even this isn't achieveable with the pix. If someone knows a way by all means write up...

I would suggest a astrocorp box. The will allow you to redirect, load balance and provide failover for multiple incoming ISp's. If you only have two connections with a max output of 5 mbs then the pro50 (a little over a thousand bucks) is a good choice. More bandwidth or more connections you should look at the pro100 (just under 3 thousand). For the heavy duty (not sure of the specs) there is another model above this one. Most folks would use one of the two other models.

I am putting one of these in a site next week.

If you need more info or a reseller for it... :) I can help.

Actually I like the unit. I got a quote from them today. Can I send you email to your web site email address? I would like to see the price you can offer me? ;-). I am actually thinking of the top unit.

Check out the cisco ISR series, either the 1811 series or 2811 series. Cheap routers that can do what you want. the 2811 are a modular router with 2 FE and 4 modular ports. The price are around 2000 dollars ( i am from sweden so cant really tell = ) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back