Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to have a Select Query show up in a text box

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkhat01

IS-IT--Management
Apr 13, 2006
US
I need to have a Select Query show up in a textbox and return everything back in the text box from the query. I tried to put the select Query in the Control Source of the textbox, but this did not work.

Here is the Query

SELECT qManagerQuery.Q8
FROM qManagerQuery;

Q8 is a memo field; it will return many lines of information.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Darkhat

I was thinging more about this, i could do it as a sub-report, but can this be done in a textbox?

you cannot...

however, you can use a dlookup to find the value of the memo field you're looking for and then use that as the control source

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

So will a dlookup show all the values that are in the Query that it is looking in?

erm, no, dlookup brings up only one record at a time, if you want multiple records, then use something which can handle that, e.g. listbox...

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

A text box displays a single value. A subreport should be your best alternative. You can also use the generic concatenate function found at faq701-4233 with a delimiter of Chr(10) & Chr(13). This would not be formatted nearly as well as a subreport.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back