Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to have a duplicate Exch5.5 on a BDC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratbs75

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2001
BE
Hi,

Well, here my question:

Got 2 servers (NT4SP6), PDC, the other BDC. Just in case the PDC crashes, the BDC will take hand over... now, I want also that the MAILS continue working, as the PDC ist dead... is it possible anyway to have an Exchange5.5 on the BDC which is the 'backup' of the PDC Exchange5.5, just in case of PDC disaster??? So that the mails continue working, knowing that i have SITE connectors through leased lines to 2 other Exch5.5 same organisation???

Thnx in advance, hope it's possible :s

well, dunno if you can call it clustering.... i just want a solution, where the PDC can crash, and the mails can be setup and working within a few hours... rather than reinstalling a complete server, reintroduce each machine, and so on.... the BDC will save time, just that exch5.5 gives me some troubles....

Read zbnet's link and you will get a better idea. You will know the impossibility of having another duplicate Exchange online, due to the unique SID of your production server.

Yip.. i agree with both of those assessments..
There is no way to 'share' the databases in 5.5 so that two exchange servers can co-exist... you'd essentially have two seperate exchange servers .. with their own seperate Databases, users, and containers.

Alshrim
System Administrator
MCSE, MCP+Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back