Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to hack details band's -> "start detail band on new page when less than" at run tim 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KALP1

Programmer
Aug 26, 2016
IN
I have a report where I have to set variable value of "detail band on new page when less than" depending on the content of the page . Is there any way to do that.

Will making Report listener's object help and in which method it would be written.

Then study FoxyPreviewer.
You'll learn a lot about report listener.

If you've studied my approach, then you began to understand a little listener's Render method and its parameters.
You saw which one control's the position and size, and that was one of your questions.

Respectfully,
Vilhelm-Ion Praisach
Resita, Romania

If I understand correctly:
You want to print multiple complete addresses on the same page if space available. That is if space available after printing x bands.
Is the address band the last one on the report ?

You could have a counter which will tell where you are on the report at any given time. Assuming your line height is the same for all bands and then add extra to take take care of when band title if any is printed.

- Each band has its own counter.
- Bands with with header have minimum value when printed
- when starting at address band you already know how many lines you have printed by adding counters of all bands.
- Reset counters to 0 at new page.
- Breake overflow lines into 2 lines in preprosess.
- Add to the counter when you encounter this overflow line. Set this in the table so that you can sum them and then condition with the counter.
- Assign LABELLEN N 4 and update this field with number of lines per address. This will help you know what is the length of the current label in lines.

I hope this may help.

Vilhelm - Yes, I have studied and used foxypreviewer. I is quite helpful for me to create PDFs.
Are u talking abt complete mode in which ReportListeners are used.

Is there any way to write AdjustObjectSize Event in frx itself using runtime extensions as you have used "AfterBand" Event in Execute When tab.

It's easy to show which event is bounded.
From the Properties of the desired object (label, textbox, band a.s.o) choose Other, then Run-time extensions
Fill Execute When text box with .T. and add MESSAGEBOX(m.tcMethodToken) at the end of Run-time extensions editbox.

Respectfully,
Vilhelm-Ion Praisach
Resita, Romania

MESSAGEBOX(m.tcMethodToken) is just giving 'RENDER' and no other method. I want EvaluateContetns and AdjustobjectSize methods to run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back