Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to go to the same location on the page when you submit the form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankor

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
US
Hello!
My question is how to determine the coordinates of your current location so when you submit the form you will go to the same place where you were before reloading. I will try to explain. The default is that when you submit the form in the end of the page, the page jumps up, starts from the beginning. That is logically explainable, but not very convenient. Is there any way to save the coordinates of your current location, and when the page is reloaded it will go to the previous location?
Thank you in advance.
Ankor

Try using
server.execute("page.asp")

Did not get where I should use this command. When I click the "Update" button, my page reloads running through all source code. I am not going to the page that is already created, I redo it every time I submit the form. Could you give me some sample code if you have any?
Thanks.

Use the Onload command in the <body> attribute to set the focus onto the item, having got the item name from the from the page that is doing the checking of the form....then dymanically create the javascript function to set the focus to the field that is causing the error...so:

get the form variables
do the checks
if check (element) is okay then
pass to the next page...insert into db or whatever
else
call the form and pass the variables back to the form
dynamically write a javascript function to pass focus
back to form element
end if

hth

bastien
Bastien