Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to go downgrade engine version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsavy

Technical User
Nov 6, 2003
CH
Hello

Since we deployed the 4.3.20 engine, we have a lot a issues with our servers and clients.

it is a way to go back to 4.2.60 ?

Thanks for your help
Guillaume

Just curious to know what problems were you experiencing with the new scan engine 4.3.20?

also curious ...

With ePo 3.0.1 , you can check "move existing to previous branch"
This save the last version of engine and DAT in the previous branch.
There is a option in the policies of ePo Agent which permit to force a downgrade.

hope this help

Unfortunatly I have Epo 2.5 so "move existing to previous branch" is not available.

The kind of issue we have

backup times have increased by 7 (with same amount of data, and same kind of data)

CRM (siebel) servers are very slow

What is very amazing is that CPU time is not 100%. Even if the server is doing nothing everything is slow, and mcAfee process if alway in the top.

So everybody in the IT team ask me do downgrade engine to 4.2.60.

So I'd like to downgrade to give back speed to users, and then try to fix the issue before upgrade back to 4.3.20

Thanks
Guillaume

You can also manually run an old superdat package with the /f switch (Forced install).

We are having the same issue with VirusScan 7.0 and the new engine 4.3.20. Seems everything is slow as well siebel. Can anyone help. Mcafee said there is not a problem with their engine. We have done extensive testing to come to the conclusin that it is their new engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back