Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to give caller choice for ACD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2005
US
Does anyone know if it's possible to program ACD, when encountering a busy queue, to give the caller a choice on whether to wait or leave a message?

"All agents are busy, if you'd like to wait press 1, otherwise stay on the line for the next available...?

I can think of a few ways that might work, but I am not very familiar with ACD's in general.

This is for an Option 11c, a Cook 4 channel RAN, and a Call Pilot 2.025

Thanks much for any insight,

AK

i've had customers request that routing,and you can do it by using the ovdn to a menu service that give a choice of express mail or return to que. the problem is that returning to que puts that call last in line, fifo queing is carved in stone without symposium. better to ask the caller before they wait, which they perfer, a possible wait or a call back. (best is to tell them to call a company with more agents) but my boss didn't like that recording. he thinks extra menu choices will make the call flow better, still only have 4 agents logged in, 20 on break and 10 more on personal calls. we made 2 test calls during a meeting, so he could prove that i didn't have the routing set up right. 6 minutes later, we walked down to find zero agents logged in, late lunch..(sat i have more time to blow off steam)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John, sounds like you had a week!

What you described might work though. I am still a little unclear on how to program this, perhaps you can clarify?

I program the OVDN to a menu tree on CP and ask if you want to return to Queue & wait, press X.

What would prevent the caller from overflowing back to CP? This is where I am perplexed.

If a caller is transferred to an ACD Queue and all agents are busy, that caller then gets OVDN'd to Call Pilot - OK, so Call Pilot gives a choice - but if the caller wants to wait, how do you put them back in that Queue?

Thanks much!

AK

with a ovdn timer of say 10 minutes, after that expires the call would go to the menu service, that would have at least two choices, 1 express mail to xxxxx mb, the other would be the same acd dn that he hit on the original inbound call. the bad part is now he's the newest call in que after waiting the complete 10 minutes, if that same caller waits another 10 minutes, he'll get routes back out and back in. your acd stats now say every call was handled in ten minutes max, callers could route to the mail forever. it still makes them a 10 minute call.. the only way that would actully help if for that caller to option out to a supervisor or at least a different acd..

call flow

i dial 1800 xxx xxxx.
hit your acd 1000.
10 ovdn to 2000
1 for express mail 1000
2 for acd 1000..

if when i hit i am 11 minutes from a live body, i never get there, 1 hit mail, option out to get back in line, them i'm 12 minutes from a body.. until i hit the que with less them 10 minutes wait, i'll always stay in that loop.. that's a normal call flow for the dmv, i programed one for a local dmv office, explain it to the director, she said if people didn't like it, they could call a different dmv... and no, thanks but it was a great week..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back