Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get treeview control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james65

Programmer
Mar 29, 2005
US
What version of MS Access or what add-on is required to be able to create simple Treeview controls on a form?

Using MS-Access 2002, I can see "Microsoft Treeview Control, version 5.0 (sp2)" in the "more controls" list. But trying to create it on the form yields "you do not have license to use this control ...".

It resides in the common controls library. If you buy the Office Developer's edition you can use it. I picked up the ODE for Office XP on eBay for around $450.00.

VBSlammer
redinvader3walking.gif

"You just have to know which screws to turn." - Professor Bob

Thanks for the reply. I realized afterward that I CAN use the "Microsoft Treeview Control 6.0 (SP6)" with a reference to "Microsoft Office Common Controls 6.0 (SP6)" just fine. All I have is Office XP Pro - no developer software at all.

I've since done some digging and found the syntax to populate and manipulate the control.

A few years ago, I actually created my own pseudo-treeview in Access97 by writing code behind the listbox control. It kept track of the items in a collection. It couldn't display lines or graphics, but could indent appropriately and expand / colapse when DC'ed.

Again, thanks for taking to time to reply.

What I meant was, you can re-distribute it. I normally deal with retail runtime apps, so I have to have the ODE in order to package the controls with my apps.

Anyway, glad you got it working.

VBSlammer
redinvader3walking.gif

"You just have to know which screws to turn." - Professor Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back