Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get the destination when transfer occurs in VM Pro workflow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbento

MIS
Apr 4, 2010
US
Here's the situation: We are currently using VM Pro and we have a workflow where a incoming call comes in and then is transferred (by a transfer action) to one of our helpdesk representatives. Obviously, VM Pro is determining what helpdesk rep is available for the transfer and then doing the transfer. We need to know where (i.e. which extension or person) did it transfer it to. Is there a variable that we can capture after the transfer action that tells what person it went to? If not, is there any other way to capture the destination?

I will gladly pay someone for figuring this one out, this is high priority for us.

tlpeter, I agree that TAPI may be the answer, but some of the posts on this thread are stating that it would be extremely difficult to integrate. That I would have to build a C++ wrapper to get it to work. That seems ridiculous. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the TAPI works. Is there an easy way to implement TAPI?

Thanks for your patience, I know some of these questions probably come across as very ignorant, but I am very new to IP Office.

TIP; If it's to much work adding an email addresses for every user you could do the following.

In the mail recipient enter any name followed by $NUM

like; Phone_$NUM@company.com
Now you only need to let the system administrator add an "alias" to all the users. so for user 101 the alias will be Phone_101@company.com

This way you can fulfill with only one module (if they are all the same fo every user) and have you to do less work, and let the customer do most of it.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

If tapi is difficult then i should ask for a big raise i guess :p

You need third party software to pop on the screen.

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
APSS UC
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back