Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get the destination when transfer occurs in VM Pro workflow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbento

MIS
Apr 4, 2010
US
Here's the situation: We are currently using VM Pro and we have a workflow where a incoming call comes in and then is transferred (by a transfer action) to one of our helpdesk representatives. Obviously, VM Pro is determining what helpdesk rep is available for the transfer and then doing the transfer. We need to know where (i.e. which extension or person) did it transfer it to. Is there a variable that we can capture after the transfer action that tells what person it went to? If not, is there any other way to capture the destination?

I will gladly pay someone for figuring this one out, this is high priority for us.

Yes you can do that.
In the transfer action you can set a description.

Go to the tab "Specific" and put a text you want to show on the screen of the phone in the "Description" field.

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
APSS UC
ACA - Voice Services Management

Maybe i am wrong but the VM Pro transfers the call to a extension/user. Then the destination is known as you programmed it. VM Pro does not make that decision on it's own.
What do you want to achieve?

Im guessing he is wanting some way of reporting whether a specific call routed to one target or another?

Sounds like you are over complicating what you want to achieve. perhaps look at some call reporting packages?

CCC / CCR, PABXSoft, Xima Chronicall, Proteus etc, etc.

Yes, VM Pro transfers to an extension/user. But, VM Pro is determining who this is sent to based on a particular hunt group, and who is not busy on the phone at the time.

So, yes, we define the hunt groups, but we don't know which extension was chosen when VM Pro does the actual transfer.

What we are trying to accomplish is:

1. Call comes into the system.
2. Call is automatically directed to VM Pro.
3. A couple of workflow actions perform some database stuff.
4. Call is Transfered via transfer action to a rep.
5. We capture the destination (extension/user) and then automatically pop a form on the rep's computer (NOTE: We are not expecting VM Pro to pop the form, only to log the destination extension/user to the database via a Database Action or VB Script that we've created).

Everything works fine except for item #5 above. Also, we don't care if #5 happens before or after #4, we just want to capture the destination extension/user.

Thanks in advance for all of your help, much appreciated. Also, if we are ultimately unable to capture the transfer destination, any ideas on an alternative. Basically, we are simulating a CTI implementation by doing the above. We're not closed to an alternative idea.

VM Pro transfers the call to a group and closes the session.
There is no way to find out in VM Pro who in that particular group answered the call as VM Pro has stopped controlling that call long ( in computer terms ) before the call was answered.
The only option you have here is to use TAPI or even better TAPI Pro.
With TAPI you can do this.

Can't we write a vbscript to lookup available users in a user group, and then direct the call to that extension? Is that possible? If so, that should solve the problem.

Why do you want to do that ?
The IP Office already routes the calls, that is why it is a PBX.
You need a Tapi Pro license and install tapi on the server that needs to pop a program.
Tapi does do all what you need.

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
APSS UC

Well, VMPro send the call to the hunt group. The individual recipient is chosen according to how the hunt group is configured (sequential, collective, etc) and the member's availability at the time.

I'm not an expert like a lot of these guys, but it sounds like you want some type of application like CallSWEET Live! (by Datel) or similar.

CCDR I think?

MCSE, ACA, 12+ years in the IT field

tlpeter,

I think you are right about using the TAPI. If I understand correctly, this is the way it works:

(Prerequisite: Install/Enable/Configure the TAPI Link Pro on the server machine - NO NEED TO INSTALL ANY TAPI DRIVER ON THE REPs MACHINES AS THEY ARE ALREADY PART OF WINDOWS?)

1. Call comes into pbx (whether handled by VM Pro or not is irrelevant).

2. TAPI implementation "monitors" extensions for the customer reps.

3. If a call comes to a "TAPI enabled" extension, then that user's computer will receive some kind of incoming call event on their computer.

4. We can use the incoming call event to trigger the launch of our custom application to display to the user.

Is that correct?

Pfffffff, i told you to use TAPI.
But i frankly spoken i don't think you are capable to cope with that. The problem is that you need to make a TAPI wrapper for your application to talk to the Avaya TAPI provider, it must be done with the C++ language. That is the only programming language which can handle the real-time system events efficiently.
I tried with C# but if the load of calls increased the C# wrapper just failed causing the server to reboot, (you know BSOD? )
bill-gates-bsod.jpg

intrigrant, well, then i go back to the question regarding the vb scripting. Is it possible to find an available caller in a hunt group via the vb scripting in VM Pro? Do you know the answer to that? If so, then our original plan would work.

No, i never used VB Script before so i cannot answer your question but i have never heard of that option either.
I will take a look at it just for the fun of it.
Let you know my findings later.

Another possible workaround: Can VM Pro send an email to the user of the extension that it sends the call to?

Like below:

1. Call comes in.
2. VM Pro picks up call.
3. VM Pro transfers to extension.
4. VM Pro immediately sends an email to the user of the extension.

?

Why, why, why ???
Tapi is the keyword!

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
APSS UC

If the logging is that important you really should consider some reporting done by CCR or a call accounting system.

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
APSS UC

New PostTomMills (TechnicalUser)
6 Apr 10 13:44
have a play around with the email action in vm pro. i don't see why you wouldn't be able to get something working.

*cough*

damn it, my cough is coming back..

I have one for almost two weeks now and is coming loose :)

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
APSS UC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back