Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get the compute field value while exporting dw into excel file

Status
Not open for further replies.

leoashok

Technical User
Mar 13, 2001
SG
I have data window with compute field, by using save as function i am exporting this dw into excel file. But in the excel file i cannot able to get the compute field values. Is there any way to get these ways.

Also for a column i am using drop down datawindow, in that display value is different and the data column is different, i am getting the data column value only in the excel file, is there any way to get the display value in the excel file.

When you do a saveas with Excel! as the file type, PB will only save the resultset from your datawindow query. That is why you don't get the computed values. As far as I know the only way to save "what you see" is to do a "SaveAsAscii". However, this will give you a .txt file rather than a .xls one. This will additionally provide you with the dddw values rather than the data values for the columns where you have a dddw specified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back