Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get the clock from NTP server at telent session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jul 27, 2008
HK
My office PC is sync up with NTP server. However, the date and time display icon is inhibited to display the clock down to second. Is there a way to get the system clock from NTP server at telent session or other alternative methods, thks!

Try the following at a command prompt:

net time \\servername

"net time" by itself will just tell you the curren time at the defined ntp source.

typing "echo %time%" at a command prompt will display the time down to the second on whatever PC you are on.

really thks! Will try on tmr and get back you!

It works when I ityped "net time" or "nettime", an NTP window pop out and showing the time.

chipk, thank you!
btw, it no response when I enter "net time\\[ntp ip address]. Is it necessary to input the NTP servername?

tony

No, the IP should work, assuming your NTP source is a Windows box. If it's Linux, or a third party program, that may not work. "net time /?" will show you all the available options for that command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back