Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get started with Windows CE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnk

MIS
Jun 3, 1999
US
I am an experienced programmer in VB6. I'm looking for suggestions for books, web sites, etc. to get a rapid startup on a project involving downloading data from a Windows workstation on a LAN (using VB6) to a Pocket PC with Windows CE.

Are there packages that will compile VB6 source for execution on the handheld device?

TIA

John Kisner

Maybe you will have to modify a little you VB6 code and to use VS.NET or VB Embedded 3.0 to develope a WindowsCE application which do the same.

If you are new programming on WindowsCE I suggest you to start installing VB Embedded 3.0 (which it's free at Microsoft WEB Site) and reading its help file.

Good luck

Thanks BELGEN,

I have found a compiler from AppForge which runs as an add-in to my VB6 IDE. Even through the future is in .Net this will enable me to do my project in VB6 if it works.

I'll post my results here.

John Kisner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back