Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get rid of remainings of an uninstalled app in windows register

Status
Not open for further replies.

raminriahi

Programmer
Sep 9, 2002
US
I uninstalled an application from my machine, but it insists it's still there !!
I examined the windows registery and found some left over entities in it.

please help with this as i'm in extreme critical situation. i have to get something done today, and i need to have a fresh, clean install of this application.

any tips, advises, or even introducing useful tools (useful and reliable) will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ramin

there's always the old reinstall and uninstall again option (second time sometimes works better than first) if registry cleaner fails to get everything.

I have a similar problem with Norton Anti-Virus 2003 which I am trying to uninstall. Despite uninstalling it, then reinstalling and trying to uninstall a second time, there are several remnants of it left over in the registry. I receive a message telling me these remnants cannot be removed each time I try to delete them using Regedit or Rededt32. What is more odd is that I have been able to do a complete delete of these remnants using regedit only on two other machines in my house. Each other machine has basically the same setup - Win2K Pro.

Any ideas as to how to get rid of these entries ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back