Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get pass 3rd step?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commtech

Technical User
Mar 1, 2002
US
ok I have two cds and 3 different computers to try this on and it won't work on any!!!
I am trying to load the winSPA cd on my laptop, or any computer. I can't get past the 3rd part of set up.
Where you set up a site, I click add, type in letters only , it crashes and says un-known charters in that feild or box???? So I put in only numbers, same thing as soon as I hit enter or tab , " field user name not of the expected type!
Please is there any way to make it take something?????
I really want this to work but can not get past this set up part!

when you set up a site ,you must first determine how your PC connects you have four choice
direct=admin port
internal = station
external= remote
manual= transfer
is this what you mean

No it is the part where you click on the " +ADD " a site button. No matter what i enter in the site name, it says un known in the field??? and locks up the program???

What OS and version are you running, what wersion of WinSPM are you trying to load?

franke

When I've run into this problem I've had to uninstall the SPM, reboot the computer and then reinstall the SPM to get past this. I assume it is some sort of corruption in the installation process. Brian Cox
J & J Communications
brian@jandjcommunications.com

i have loaded at least 50 customer machine , WIN 95,98, ME 2000 & XP and never had that problem try , did you do steps 1 & 2 ,try this at page 3
first touch Add
on first line were your cusor is type MICKEY
go to enable , check it ,pick one
click apply, does it show up on on site side

I have 2 cd's from two different places, both are WinSPM- release 2.0 ! I 've tried on win 95 and now I have a win 2000 laptop I want to put it on !
BOBSOU I can't get to the enable, because when you hit enter after typing mickey, it says un know charator in field! Locks up and quits there!???

it may be your WINSPM 2.0 their were some or should i say alot problem with tht release,try to find at least 5.0

Wow ! There is a 5.0, man I got to get one of those then, this ver.2 is killing me!
I call my Black Box guy now and ask about it!
Thanks you may have reallly helped me out with that info!

OK a 7.0 is what I want then, only the newest will do !
No , anything that works is what I want!
Thanks again for the info. !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back