Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get off-hook/on-hook status over the network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello,

I am application developer, who is trying to get access to some "presence information" from PBXs.

Basically, I would like to know how I could know if a user is on the phone or not (simple on-hook/off hook would do).
In addition, I would need to access this information via an IP network.

What would you recommend?

Thanks

Laurent

There are three main CTI packages (with which I am familiar) CT Connect from Dialogic, Genesys T-server and CallPath from Alcatel.
As I am involved commercially with these, should you require further information (with attendant bias!) please send mail to: rdp@repton.demon.co.uk

Although it sounds like a cop-out answer, you can get a developers kit from Nortel. It's not cheap, but it will assist you if you are trying to write a program that will work with Nortel.

They also have published API's that are available.

janaya,
can you guide me where I can get the Nortel Developers Kit
I am involved in interfacing custom Java based application to MLS using std. socket libs.

TIA
Ravneet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back