Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get mouseover on a jpef picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusee

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2004
US
Hello,
THis is a Newbie fireworks question.. please assist.
I have a photograph on the webpage. THe modification I want to make is when I mouseover a particular persons face I would like his/her name to show up... Can this be done easily in Fireworks.. ( if yes, How?)

Thanks a lot!
~Yusuf.

I belive pressing F1 in fireworks and searching for "mouse events" will help you.

google.gif
juggle.gif

It's complicated to give you all the instructions without pasting an image but we'll give it a try.
Things you need to be familiar with.
1. Hot Spots
2. Slices.
3. Adding Frames.

Start with your image and draw the hotspots over the faces you want.
Create as many frames as people you have. If you have three people create thre more frames for a total of four. (one the original picture and three for the names).You'll end up with Frame 1,2 ,3 and 4.
Draw a slice in Frame 1 where you want the names to show up. (I'm assuming that the names will show up on the exact same position no mattre what face you are selecting).
Go to Frame 2 and Enter one of the names in that greenish rectangle generated by the previous action.
Do the same for Frames 3 and 4.
Go back to Frame 1 and select the first hotspot. You'll see a crosshair icon. Click on it and without releasing go to the green rectangle ( the slice) and release the mouse. You'll see a line being drawn from the hotspot to the slice. As soon as you release the mouse button a dialog box will ask you which frame to use for that particular rollover. Select Frame 2.
Go to the next HotSpot, select it repeat the same steps and at the end select Frame 3, do the same for Hot Spot #3 and Frame 4.

Good luck.

grtfercho çB^]\..
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" A. Einstein
-----------------------------------------------

Thank you! That is clear and was successfully done!. Thank you agian for taking the time to share this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back