Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get lineheight of links the same in FireFox as in IE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanbeugen

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2005
NL
In the html I have placed 4 links. In IE there is a normal small vertical distance between the lines of these links. In Firefox however there is more distance between the lines. Is there a way to get the distance in FireFox the same as in IE?

Try putting [tt]line-height: 1;[/tt] to your div declaration. Apparently FF and IE have different default line-height.

Hi Vragabond. Thanks for all your help! I did as you said and specified line-height=2.5 (to see the difference more clearly). But the difference remains: the "height" of all the links together in Firefox is 25% longer than in IE!! I have to make a long list of links and will be in trouble with Firefox. Would there be a way to make this equal?

What exactly is [tt]line-height=2.5[/tt]? I have never seen this command before.

If pixel perfection is necessary here and it is a list of links, maybe you should put them in a list. <br> is not the best element to do intricate designs with.

i just viewed your sample page and here is the css

Code:
<style type="text/css">
<!--
	#navLeft {position:absolute; width:150px; top:50px; left: 50px; z-index:10;}

a.link5:link {color: #000000; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; font-weight: 400;}
	a.link5:active { color: #000000; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; font-weight: 400; }			
	a.link5:visited { color: #000000; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; font-weight: 400; }			
	a.link5:hover { color: #ff9900; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;  font-weight: 400; }
-->
</style>

There is no mention of line-height in there.

I too would use a list to do this though.

Also, just to be sure, try removing the line breaks in your code. Sometimes IE will interpret a break in the code as a new line in the HTML.

<honk>*:O)</honk>
Designease Ltd. - polyprop folders, ring binders and creative presentation ideas
Earl & Thompson Marketing - Marketing Agency Services in Gloucestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back