Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get IP address of an ICA session

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilsona

Technical User
Jan 26, 2001
GB
Does anyone know how to get IP address of an ICA session on a Metaframe server - I need to get hold of the users IP address so I can set up site specific stuff on login. It is an anonymous application, so I need the users IP address, I cannot use username or group.

I have found that on NT 4 I can get the ip address with the command "qwinsta /address" - this does not seem to return the same info on Windows 2000. Help!

MetaFrame 1.8 - Open the Citrix Server Administration tool. Expand Server in the left pane. Click on Client. Click on Information tab in the right pane. Hope this helps. I can't tell by your message if you need to discover this at log on or if you are developing some sort of client list.

You can do this with a kixtart script at logon by pinging the environment variable %clientname% which gets created when the ICA session is initiated. A sample script would be:

dim $start
dim $end
dim $readdata
dim $ip

$ip = ""
shell "cmd.exe /c ping %clientname% > %temp%\%clientname%.txt"
OPEN(1, %temp%\%clientname%.txt)
while $ip = ""
$readdata = readline(1)
$start = INSTR($readdata, "[")
$end = INSTR($readdata, "]")
if $start <> 0
$ip = substr($readdata,($start+1),(($end-$start)-1))
endif
loop
close (1)

? $ip

del &quot;%temp%\%clientname%.txt&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back