Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get into Gateway PC's BIOS/CMOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunFreeman

IS-IT--Management
Jun 27, 2002
GB
I have a Gateway PC (Model ATXSTF), AMD Athlon cpu. It boots up with a S.M.A.R.T drive is BAD message. By pressing Enter I can continue into XP, but can not find a way to get rid of the message !

Does anyone know what key combo gets me into the boot settings or knows another way to access the S.M.A.R.T drive set up ?

Try some "F"(function) keys - F2 - F8 - F10

Press tab at the gateway logo. You'll be able to read the normal boot screen which should tell you what key to press.

F1 to enter BIOS in the gateways, I believe, but if you really want to get rid of that error message, you may very well need a new hard drive depending on the particular SMART error you are getting.

my gateway box goes into system bios with the del key. if it were me, i would log onto gateway.com enter your box serial number and run down the system settings, there it should tell what is wrong. it is a free service offered by gateway. everyday you learn something new, the day you dont is the day you die....so make someone live longer teach them something.......MUTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back