Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get information about active end points in Tivoli?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amaandoi

Technical User
Mar 9, 2002
AE
Hi,
I want to get information about the active end points that we have in our environment. How can I get the list ???

what information are you looking for, and how have you determined they are active?

Hi,
Sorry, but I think I wrote my problem in a wrong way. I need to know my active end points in the tivoli data base. I mean I want to know the end points that are alive.

If you mean which endpoints are currently on, then one way (depending on your version) is to use the ls -i switch. You can pull the last_login_date and make some educated guesses (ie: grep for today's date, grep for anything within the last hour, etc).

That's one thought. I'm sure there are others.

Leon

Leon Adato (adatole@yahoo.com)
Measure what is measurable,
And make measurable what is not so.
- Galileo

-do a 'wep ls' to get a list of all endpoints in the database
-then for each endpoint returned do a 'wep EP_LABEL status' where EP_LABEL is the hostname of the endpoint which is by the way case sensitive. Obviously if you have a large environment you would want to script this...

HTH - Stiddy

Hi,

If you are at Framework 411, wepstatus -a might prove useful

Rgds

ck

Hi,

Or even, wep <endpointname> status. This is tell you if the endpoint is alive/active or not.

James

Hi,
but be sure, when u get a wep EP_LABEL status = alive, that this means nothing ;-).
What i want to say:
Even if the enpoint tells you, that he is alive, it does not mean, that the infrastructure is OK for e.g. SD or a task.

Also, when you have a hub(spoke environment, it is safer to
make the command on the spoke, not on the hub.

CU
Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back