Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get Grand total in Cross-tab - Crystal Reports XI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuseyinEce

Programmer
Jul 14, 2011
CA
Hi,

Can anyone tell me that how can I get the grand total of Center column? Currently I could get sub total of team but I couldn't get the Center total overall all teams.

Please see the attached file.

Crosstabs usually give totals for each row and column and then a grand total. There are options to switch them off. Right-click and choose 'Cross-Tab Expert'.

This is based on Crystal 11. It always helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Hi Madawc,

I know there is an option get sub total and grand total. My problem is I have grouped by Team if then I am getting only Team sub total and Credit Centre -> Team Grand total (for each team) . But I need to get overall grand total.

Do you know how can i get it?

Thanks

Copy your cross-tab and paste a copy in the report footer. See if that does what you want.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Hi Ken,

I need a page break for each team. If I put it in footer I lose that option. Please advise...

Thanks

You are only putting a COPY in the report footer. That will provide the grand total for the entire report.

OR, you could add a second cross-tab in the same section as the first, only group by center in this one instead of team.

Or, since I don't see the picture, it may be that I just don't understand what you are after.

Hi Ken,

I have tried but it shows records double :( .

Please advise...

Describe what fields are used in each of the 3 boxes in the cross-tab expert. Also name the section where the cross-tab is located.

Hi Ken,

I have Credit_Centre , Team, Credit_Analyst, and Queuename fields in ROW section , Dec_day field in Column section and dec_cnt and distinctCount of @days_worked in Summarized fields section in cross-tab.

I have grouped by Team (I need to get page break for each team) and I have put cross-tab in Group Header section .

Thanks
Huseyin

If you are grouping by Team and have the cross-tab in the Team header or footer then each cross-tab can only have one team's data. So there is no way that a single cross-tab can include an entire Center.

If you want a total or totals for multiple teams in a single center then you need to have a group by Center above the Group by Team. Then you can put a smaller cross-tab in the Center Header or Footer which will summarize an entire Center. This cross-tab probably doesn't need all the groupings that the original has. My guess would be that you don't want any row fields in this cross-tab but that you only want to have the same column field and summary field as the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back