Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Get Good Answers To Your Questions 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jeremy,

I forgot to say that as soon as I've got a job, that I will be making a Financial Contribution to Tek-Tips, I feel so much more confident now, nearly having VB and ASP under my belt. I'm on here most days, sometimes nights, I haven't had to ask a question myself now for about a month, I suppose I've been lucky, each time I've used the Advanced Search facility, loads of Good Examples from past Threads come up that have either solved my problem or pointed me in the right direction.

Bill

Keep up the good work bill.
I'm sure that the company that will give you job wont have any regrets. Hell they would be stupid not to give you one. Someone even gave me a job.

Christiaan Baes
Belgium
"What a wonderfull world" - Louis armstrong

To begin the site is one of the best Learning Tools I have ever come across. (Brilliant)

But after reading the above I feel like a bit of an ass for posted a ridiculous question.

Keep up the good work.

Will make a contribution in the near future (If I ever get this database finished) :)

Bravo, realm !
"But after reading the above I feel like a bit of an ass for posted a ridiculous question. "
Aren't we all sometimes ?
It was Hillarious!

The point is - bad written questions - past, present and future (sorry, Jeremy) and all you have to do is smile (SMILE, darnett!)to prolong your life.

Have I missed spring or it wasn't here yet ?
Best regards
TIA

Thanks for the tips!!
In 15 minutes tehy'll result once again in a better written question (Microsoft Access Modules - Automating Netscape to send (address dependent) attachments using table data). Thanks for the tips!
Hans - Belgium

ps In the end, I decided to try to solve the problem I mentioned by discussing it with a FAQ-contributer first.
It's still sad you can't delete your own posts when they're not relevant anymore ;-)

Jeremy's guidelines are excellent. However, dont' forget, we're all humans, and these dialog boxes lack both time and space and so have no 'demeanor'. Everyone, periodically, does or says something they wish otherwise they had not. That's life, that's being human. Most of the people in these forums are truely professional in their attitudes, and ALL appreciate the likes of Jeremy, Chrissie and others to spend their valuable time to help.

Tek-Tips has become an excellent and wonderful place to discuss technical dissues - and it's because all of us are willing to help and donate time for others. A great ideal.

I was very pleased to read the comments, ideas and suggestions in this thread. I wonder, though, how many members who have posted in this thread have looked in the FAQ area of this forum.

faq181-2886 by RickSpr covers many of the same issues discussed here. The FAQ was created a few months ago. Similar FAQs exist in many Tek-Tips forums. These FAQs are included in the signatures of many Tek-Tips members. I see that Jeremy has included this thread in his signature. Both FAQs in my signature cover the same issues.

I was about to suggest that Jeremy create another FAQ. I don't know if that would be as effective as updating Rick's FAQ. RickSpr hasn't posted in this forum for a couple of months so I don't know if he is able to respond to a request.

Additional Comments

I informed Tek-Tips management of this thread soon after Jeremy posted it. I know they will consider many of the suggestions and implement them if feasible.

I think a small donation to Tek-Tips by members is a good thing to do. We all benefit because Tek-Tips exists. Site design is excellent. Members usually treat one another well and freely share knowledge. Banner ads and other intrusions are minimal unlike other forums that I've visited. If members do not help support the site, the site operators may be forced to add more advertising. I certainly don't want to see more banner and pop up advertisements. If you want to get the best answer for your question read faq183-874 and faq183-3179.
Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
SQL Server Page:

Jeremy,

You are right people should say thanks, I always try to say this in my reply. It only takes a couple of key strokes and meeans a lot. As you said nobody gets paid for replying, you and other including myself who anwser any question do it because they want to share there knowedge in the problem. I have spent a lot of time to get online help working in access and like you will pass on any knowledge. I think you have raised some good points, it can be a time for you to answer similar question all the time. I have been working on database for 2 years now, and most of my problems from FAQ, post on various sites.

I think it is time to read this post by our new members if they are not..
regards

Zameer Abdulla
Visit Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back