Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get Excel 2010 spreadsheet content into Word Document?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katrin13

Technical User
Jul 18, 2004
US
Hi Experts,

I generated a huge file in Excel 2010 and I need to copy it to the Word Report.

While I somewhat understand how to insert (using insert option and excel at the bottom), it is not what I need.
What I need is a whole excel spread sheet comtent which could be seen in Word (without scrolling) or at least so that the receiver could print it out and see the sonten of the spreadsheet.

Could you please kindly give me a hand?

Thank you!

Katrin

Copy 'n' paste a picture on Word

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

You can't have an Excel workbook, or any other object for that matter, span a page boundary in Word. Word's Paste Special tool offers various paste options, from which you can choose the one that best suits your needs.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

Perhaps:
Save as a tab delimited text document which you could then copy into your Word document.

Randy

How huge is "huge?"

I've seen "huge" Excel tables that could not possibly be deciphered if printed on one sheet, which is what you are in effect asking.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

couldn't you just paste a Hyperlink to the Excel file rather than paste a picture or embed the file.

If the recipient of the Word report is internal to your company/group then they'd (presumably) have access to a network share, if it's external, put a copy of your Excel file up in the Cloud and point the link at that.

hwyl
Jonsi B-)
"If an apple a day keeps the Doctor away ...why don't Daleks live in Orchards?"

You could "Insert Object" and select an excel worksheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back