Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get database from foxpro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranet

Technical User
Jul 31, 2005
EE
Hello.

I have a little problem. I must get an information from foxpro database. I got client and salesperson information, but I cant get "contract" information. Contract information are many tables, this information is related from other table, there are no reference of clients or salesman. :S

Are there any convertion tools for foxpro, so that I can convert information to MySQL?

You can very easily import Foxpro tables into Excel or Access

If the Foxpro application and its associated data tables were created with good data table normalization in mind then, yes, you will have a variety of separate normalized data tables which are Related to each other in some manner via an Expression.

If you need to get this information out of its existing Foxpro format and into another format, you can easily do so as Mike Thorpe has suggested above.

But the data will come out in its individual data tables (pieces) which you will again have to organize/relate by means of your MySQL functionality.

Good Luck,

JRB-Bldr
VisionQuest Consulting
Business Analyst & CIO Consulting Services
CIOServices@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back