Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get caption on ASP slideshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

lahddah

Programmer
Jan 2, 2003
US
I am currently using ASP and Javascript to display thumbnails and larger images on the same page. By either pressing the navigation buttons or the thumbnail, the larger image will change accordingly. However, I cannot figure out how to make the caption change with the image. There is a field for the caption in my database, and I can display the caption for the first image, but I don't know how to change it each time the image changes. Here is my site (I'm an ASP beginner)

I will gladly share my code if anyone thinks they may have an idea.

Thanks!

~ lahddah

Hi lahddah
When I go to your link
The Javascript you are using from:-
Copyright (c) 2001 Thomas Brattli (webmaster@dhtmlcentral.com)

doesn't show any images at all just a blank screen
let alone a caption...
Back to the drawing board? :)

Jay
How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing (John Lennon)​

Where you have the pic caption place it into a text box. Then in your javascript you will be able to access it with if memory serves right document.p.PicName.value= YourPicTitle
PicName being the name of the textbox

UkJay1,
Yeah, I'm having a hard time with the menu, too. The first level spacing is kind of messed up on some screens. Unfortunately, on the monitors I work with, it seems to look just fine. Please try going from the home page:

Thank you for your help!

~ lahddah

Hi lahddah

The Pics are crackin,(family) take a bit of a while with my dial up
but I can't see any captions.

This was away from the main page as the pics there didn't do anything?

HTH

Jay
How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing (John Lennon)​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back