Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get barcodes into Access 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonT

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2002
GB
We have a barcode scanner but no software to read the barcodes into an Access database. Does anyone know where I might find a free barcode font which handles both numbers and alpha characters please?

Hmmmmm
You say that you want to read bar codes. That's what the scanner does for you. Why do you need a bar code font? Are you also writing bar codes?

We have a barcode scanner to scan barcodes produced on Special Delivery and Recorded labels. We just want to be able to print the barcodes rather than having to stick all the labels on. We are scanning the barcode labels and storing the resulting alphanumeric values in the Access database with no problem. Now we just need the printing bit.

I have found some free barcode font software but it only deals with numeric values. Just thought someone might know a site with free software or if I was missing something in Access.

Thanks

Wonderful person, thank you very much! I will try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back