Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get all Messages From MQ Queue on Time Event ! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrStiffler

Programmer
Jan 7, 2004
CH
I have a Queue (MQ Series) where during the day, all messages stay in this Queue.
At midnight (00:00) i want a map to read out all messages.
For this reason, the map has a Time Event, every day at 00:00.
Now when the map starts at midnight, the map just get one message and leafe all the others in the queue.

The "Feach As" Settings are : Integral, Create, S
The Mercator version is 5.6!

What is the problem that only one message is taken from the queue.
I want the map to read out all messages in the queue on time event. What can i do to acheive this ?
thanks

Use the command line option -QTY S -LSN 0

Tim

I am using Mercator 6.5.2 and MQ client in a Window NT environment. I have an input source event in an MQ queue and I tried -QTY S -LSN 0 and the map did not get triggered. I tried -QTY S -LSN 10 and still did not work. I then tried -QTY $ -LSN 10 and I was able to pull the message but sometimes the messages are truncated? Is there a bug with the version 6.5.2 that it does not accept -QTY S?

We had a lot problems with the second Patch of 6.5 so we reinstall mercator 6.5.1 !
But on different points we had problems by receiving messages from queues (IBM MQ Series) and we could fix some of it by using -REFRESH x ! Choose the x not to low because loosing performance !

Do you have any other ideas, tips, know how by receiving from queue problems ?
greets stif

In your map create the rule:
=F_GetEachMessage(CLONE("DUMMY", 20000))
where 20000 is the maximum queue depth

The Functional map contains the rule:
=GET("MQS","-QN QUEUENAME -QTY 1")

I have put a post on the Mercator forum and attached a sample map in a zip file. This site allows attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back