Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get alarms from CDOM using CLI? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsprite

Technical User
Apr 30, 2009
US
We're using some Python scripts to get us the alarm display (almdisplay) from CM. We've noticed that we've had alarms in CDOM lately that we probably should have known about (simple things like NTP).

Is there an equivalent to almdisplay in the CDOM CLI? I don't see one but perhaps it's a command that I'm not familiar with.

I know this doesn't answer your question but could you use SNMP?

I could use SNMP - in years past CM SNMP was less than reliable, so we migrated to Python and OSSI.

Perhaps SNMP is a bit more stable with the CDOM?

Do you know where I could find MIBS for CDOM?

The cdom is part of a product called VSP/Virtual System Platform. It's xen but reskinned by Avaya.

Apparently Avaya is using standard definitions and won't need a customer MIB (not 100% of how true that is but a Solution Note said so). Avaya has another solution note referencing that the MIBs can be downloaded from the server at /usr/share/snmp/mibs/

There are some useful dom0 commands like hplogs -t for temperature on an HP server
dmidecode prints HP part and serial numbers on the HP servers.

So, depending on hardware server type, you can get some good HW stuff right out of dom0.

/usr/share/snmp/mibs/ is a valid folder with about 60 files in it. This is helpful than nothing. Now to poke around I guess and see what OID might make sense!

FYI, starting in 6.3.11 or 12 Avaya is migrating to the standard Linux net-snmp and a new CM-MIB. Looks promising. Will require some retool (load mibs) of existing monitoring devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back