Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to get a job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marjerie888

Technical User
Apr 25, 2005
US
i passed 1z0-033 test to be a OCP, i need some good tips how to get job a database admin, and im not experience yet and everytime i search online they alwasy look for experience..what is the best thing to do?

find a job with a company that uses oracle. work in the it dept. do an awesome job. make it clear that you would like to get involved in the db side of things. hope it works out. i believe that you will find that companies, for the most part, are not going to put there data in the hands of someone without experience. i am dealing with the same thing. i have taken a job as a tech in a small nonprofit. along with routine tech work, i have been able to get my hands into many other things. in the near future we will be deploying a sql server or oracle db and i should have ample oppurtunity to work with it. before i found this job, i met a couple of people who told me about the same as what mentioned above. of course it may also depend on where you live. where i am things are quite tight and competitive....
good luck

"Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
-Vonnegut

hi spizotfl (MIS)

thanks a lot i really do appreciate u're reply..i will follow u're advice and do my best to get in IT Dept. and try to get in db field...thanks for the encouragement
i'm in new york,new york and this june will be my 2 years residing here.hoping employment is not bad..thanks a lot..

one more quetions in your own opinion which one is better to have a master degree or just get a lot of certification.?

thank you once again for your response and hope to hear from you soon...

Sometimes you just get lucky. I got my first Oracle job with only 5 weeks sql experience (and 7 months programming training) and a business degree. The degree helps, even if it's not related.

You need to be willing to come in at a lower than average salary and learn, learn, learn... all I did for 12 months was read book after book.

My job began with writing simple queries, the complexity came later... I didn't start in IT. I knew next to nothing, so there's hope for you too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back