Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get a backup from a remote system

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulMcGuinness

Programmer
May 22, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I have *zero* knowledge of Sopho's, but have the POMView app.

I know how to get details out of many, many other PABX's, but have never encountered a Sopho before.

Can someone (in simple steps) explain how I can;

1. Remotely access an iS3000
1a. What software I need (if any) and where I can download it.

2. How to get a 'project' file out of the Sopho back to my machine remotely
and
3. Will the POM view show me what's in there - I'm interested in Phones, Groups, Trunks and Route plans (mainly)

Alternatively, is it easier to just connect over a modem and run lots of scripts (as I have in the past for Nortels, Avaya's, BTeX's etc.)

Cheers,

Paul

hi
SSW 810 (CPU3000)
(remote) access via telnet for management (if activated)
OR/PR.pom files are present inside the CPU disk accessible via FTP (user/password request)

SSW805 (CPU-MT) only via V24

but if you are not familiar with Sopho ...................

PS: Pomview APP it is only used to display data reading file .pom

If you can't access the system to get the projecting files out of it (files called OR01.POM and PR01.POM) to use POMView on, then you are probably better off by just reading out the info you need via OM (Operational Maintenance) commands. With a few commands you should get what you want;
DIDNRC:000&&9999; [assuming you don't even know if extension numbers are 3 or 4 digit, takes some time...]
DIGRPA:000&&9999; [same principle, will give you the groups]
DIBNDL:0;
and
DIBNDL:1;
etc until you don't find any more info - will show the trunks if it's a small system with trunks assigned "from bottom"
"Route plans" (for any meaning of that) is more difficult, but you should see route numbers in the DIBNDL printouts and may issue DIROUTE-commands accordingly. This way you will not see what access code leads to which trunk, though.

Dear All Helpers

Sorry for bothering you

i'm a new @ NEC-Sopho
I've NEC-SV9100 connected to Sopho iS3000 using 2xPRI GCD-PTRA 4 wire Tied Line Trunk with 60 B-Channel
NEC-SV9100 has internal extensions of 4xxx and the Sopho has Analog Extensions [1xxx, 2xxx, 3xxx, and 5xxx] also has 34 PSTN Lines
when i dial from 4444 to 1602 the call established but when i tried to call from 1602 to 4444 i got busy tone coz there is no route configured for 4xxx on Sopho
how can i configure Sopho to know the IP Phone extensions on NEC-SV9100

i need OM command for this

also i need the IP Phones to dial 9 trunk access code on NEC then the NEC-SV9100 directly pickup any of the 34 PSTN lines on Sopho so i can establish external call from NEC IP Phones
i configure ARS and F-Route on NEC but when i dial 9 i hear another tone then i dial any mobile number i got on my NEC IP Phone Screen Line 001 then i hear silence only

i need OM command for this

Regards,
Ahmad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back