Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Generate SQR files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhubabub

Programmer
Nov 27, 2001
US
Hi Guys,

Can u find out this Problem?

I got Problem when i have gererated SQR reports.

That is

(SQR 5528) SQLBase SQLCOM error 601 in cursor 1:
Table has not been created

SQL: select A.COUNTRY, A.ECODE, A.FIRST_NAME FROM PS_PROFILE_REC A
Error at: A

Error on line 24:
(SQR 3716) Error in SQL statement.

Errors were found in the program file.

SQR: Program Aborting.

Here PS_PROFILE_REC is the Table.

My DataBase Name: HRDMO
Pwd: ps
User name:ps

Thanks

hi madhu,

first of all check whether the table PS_PROFILE_REC exists in ur HRDMO database. if it doesn't then that's why u r getting the error.

if it does, then did u start ur SQL query with select or begin-select? in sqr u have to start with begin-select and end with end-select. also there should be no commas btw the fields being selected. furthermore start writing each of the line of the query from the left-most position in the editor. e.g.

begin-select
A.COUNTRY
A.ECODE
A.FIRST_NAME
FROM PS_PROFILE_REC A
WHERE A.*** = ****
end-select

rgds,
chinu

Well I get the same error using the exact information OUTSIDE of SQR. In fact, am using SQLTalk for Windows. It happnes on every table! Please help.

MadhuBabu,
Please check if you have created the table in the PeopleSoft Front-end, but have not "BUILT" it in the back-end. Please also note that some of the RDBMS like Oracle, will need table_space allocation.

Cheers
Sanjeev

Same problem here!

I even went to PS query tools and select records in the PS_PERSONAL_DATA table and see how many records are present. I just want to confirm if the table has been really created or not. And it did.

PS CC suggested these solutions (applicable to SQLBase) but I have no luck, let me know if you get it working!

SOLUTION:

1) Can check the connectivity by logging on to the Database using any SQL TOOL. Eg: SQL*Plus in Oracle , SQLTalk in SQLBase etc.

2)The path in the -i report argument should end with a backslash, \.. Eg: -in:\hr600\psuser\sqr\

3) SQRW shortcut should be pointing to the directory where the connectivity programs of the Database reside. Eg: c:\apps\db\orawin\bin. It is also the directory where the SQL TOOL like SQL*Plus or SQLTalk reside.

4) The Oracle BIN directory or the Working Directory ( Start In) should be in the DOS PATH.

5) Check the Process Types => SQR Parameters => Check the SQR Connect String and make sure it is in the right order:

%%ACCESSID%%/%%ACCESSPSWD%%@%%DBNAME%% for Oracle

6) May be missing some DLLs from the Database connectivity drivers directory, may want to re-install SQL*NET.

7) Check the environment variable DBBIN in the Configuration Manager, Process Scheduler tab. It should point to the directory where the Database Connectivity program files (Database Drivers) reside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back