Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to generate a fillable PDF from an Access form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBruAustin

Programmer
Nov 10, 2009
US
Hello,

I would really like to know how to create fillable PDF files with an Access form. I know how to print a form and create a static PDF file but would like one that automatically converts blank text boxes into fillable fields.

If it requires 3rd party software that is OK, even if it isn't free, as long as it works.

Thanks in advance.

Bad news bears, here is the reply I got:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
>> Could this be used to generate fillable PDF forms from Access?

No, we don't have product for this job.
Our PDF Writer can not be used to create fillable PDF form.

Regards,
Support Team
Acro Software Inc
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Any other ideas?

What exactly is your need?
Do you want to create many PDF's that are going to be filled in.
or do you want to fill the pdf form

I need to print out PDF documents of forms I created in Microsoft Access. Currently I can do a regular printout of a CutePDF (any control boxes with data in it will print with data, but control boxes without data will just print a box, and you cannot fill data into it later). I made over 30 different specification sheets (forms) that we currently generate as a PDF. The vendors we email our PDFs out to must fill in information by hand, which is not the best since handwriting isn't always legible, and they prefer sheets they can fill in on their computers (either excel or a fillable PDF, both of which we currently can't do with Access forms). I hope this explains exactly what I need and why I need it.

Thanks.

So basically I will need to recreate each form in CutePDF Professional? That doesn't sound feasable with all the forms I would have to generate, especially since a lot of these forms have over 100 controls. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back