Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to forward Operator calls to an outside number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

supportpbx

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2009
US
Hello,

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

I am looking for a way to forward calls, that was routed to the Receptionist.

When a caller calls our company main number, they can simply press '0' and it will route the call to our receptionist (Console Phone).

Is there a way for us to have these routed calls to call forward to an outside number? We want to have these calls forward to a group of CSRs in a different PBX. The PBXs are not interconnected...

We have Notel Option 61C

Thank you once again !

if you have Symposium / Contact center.

what we do is have them transfer to a CDN that is referenced in our Master script.
the script for that extension is

also under the DN variable we have a record of the number that they need to transfer to.

In Script Variables.

DN 0123456789
Name EXTERNAL_CSR

in the master script we have a line

WHERE CDN EQUALS
VALUE 1006: ROUTE CALL EXTERNAL_CSR

then all our agents / operators have to do is transfer to 1006 to transfer to this other Call center. (External number)

another option is to just allow CFXA in CLS of the set that gets these calls and wants to transfer external.

forgot to add you also need to have a CDN 1006 (or whatever number you want to use)

IN your auto-attendant system (meridian mail or callpilot), configure the revert DN as the external number (Acod+number like you dail extenral numebers).
You should configure auto-attendant ports to have extenral access in the PABX and in RPL (restriction permission list).

Sorry about the late reply. I've been out for few days...

And thanks for all the help. We are currently using Octel voice mail. I guess it's safe to say that once the calls are routed to Auto Attendant, then the calls has reached the voice mail and any forwarding needs happen from voice mail?

If you can kindly guide me the steps, it would be most appreciated.
Thanks once again

do you have a 2250 console? if so that is what nit_data is used for.. use your nite idc entry..

you can add a time of day/day of week filter on the octel menu,,

OR
make sure your rdr opt is cff.. build an analog, use rcfw to send that to either your console of the dsc..
assuming you can't just cls cfxa fdn the "console"

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Yes. We do have 2250 console. I will take that route to forward Operator calls to external number! I am a novice but you are saying that the console phone has built-in function (nit_data) to forward calls. I will look into manuals on 2250 console phone on this function. Thanks once again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back