Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to forward a number on the switch itself? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTALLY

MIS
May 6, 2002
US
Hello,

I need to know if possible if I can forward a number which we have to a external number, and if it is possible how do I do it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could create a phantom 500 set in LD 11 and have it Default Call Forward (DCFW)to the outside line. I have a few numbers set up to forward a users phone to a temporary remote location. Here's what I have in my notes from other posts in this forum:

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SETTING UP A PHANTOM EXT.

The first thing you will need to do is make sure that there actually is a phantom loop set up in the switch. To set up a new phantom super loop:

LD 97
REQ / CHG
TYPE / SUPL
SUPL / n64 (can be n(64-80)

Once you have created a phantom super loop you can go to LD 10 and create a new phantom TN. Note: super loops 64-80 convert to card slots 41-60 **i don't know why either ;-)
To create a new phantom TN:

LD 10
REQ / NEW
TYPE / 500
TN / 41 0 (if superloop number 64 was created) (the latter number of this assignment must be 0-15)
<cr>... (carriage return) through what you don't know, default will be inserted.
DN / xxxx (extension that is being forwarded) note: the user's extension must be removed (nul'd) out of the old set before assigning it to the new phantom TN.
<cr>...
CLS / CFXA this adds &quot;call forward all calls&quot; to the users &quot;class of service&quot; (this must be added for it to work)
<cr>...
FTR / DCFW nn xxxx (nn is the number of digits of the phone number it is being forwareded to and xxxx is the actual number)
should look like this:
ITEM ftr dcfw 4 7149

Jesse

Looks goog but when I went to go try this it gave me a error of SCH0355. I added the superloop just fine of n64.
When I went to do LD 10 this is what I put in
LD 10
REQ NEW
TYPE 500
TN 4 1 1 1
DN 7000
CLS CFXA
FTR DCFW 12 918005234500

After the FTR prompt this is where I get the Error SCH0355 any sugestions? Any help would be great.

Thanks,

PTALLY

Your TN looks incorrect. What type of switch? If Option 11, the the TN should look like this

Req new
type 500
tn 41 1 (or whatever one you want 41 0 etc

the rest looks ok.

Also make sure you have call forward external turned in the CDB in LD 15

I have a Option 61C switch and the TN is correct as I used this same TN before for another line. Call FOrward External is turned on as people use it everyday here what else could it be?

Thanks

PTALLY

Try creating the phantom TN first with CFXA then go back and do a CHG
CLS
ITEM FTR DCFW xx xxxxxxx

You could just go into LD 23 and make an acdn that NCFW to the outside number.
Do it like this:

REQ new
TYPE acd
CUST 0
ACDN xxxx
MWC
DSAC
MAXP 1

enter until you come to this prompt:

NCFW 9xxxxxxxxxx

enter until the end of the prompts.

The 9 above is your AC1. (whatever you dial to get an outside line.)

i just tried setting up a DID in one of my switches as an ACD queue and NCFW'd it to another DID in another remote switch. Didn't work when I called the original DID. How would the above scenario work?

If switch is configured to allow it then it will work like a champ.

I've never tried it with a long distance number (I looked at your post and am assuming this is a LD number you are NCFW???) I just tried it in the switch I am working on today and it worked. However, the NCOS on my DID trunks and my LD TIE trunks is 0. My long distance at this site is controlled by the CO using access codes, so there is no toll fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back