Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to format recordset field as currency

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdk13

Programmer
Jul 3, 2002
US
On a form, I have a button that generates an email. Within the email text, I am putting a dollar amount. This dollar amount comes from a recordset that I retrieve from the tables. The field in the table is formatted as Currency. The field on the form is formatted as Currency. The record source has it formatted as Currency. I tried just putting the recordset field in the text. I tried doing a CCur around the recordset field. I also tried to dim a Currency field and set it to the recordset field and putting the variable in the text. But it still shows as just a number. I want to see $20,088.00 in my email text, but I get 20088. Or $432.20 shows as 432.2. I can put the $ in my text, but not the comma, period and two decimals without a lot more coding.

I've tried various key word searches through tek-tips. Microsoft KB appears to be down right now. My project lead was stumped, too.

Anyone have any ideas? This can't be that hard, can it?

kdk13

If you format the field as currency in the recordset definition, you should get a good result...

strSql = "SELECT Format([tblDisk].[test], 'Currency') AS CurTest, tblDisk.disk_no " _
& "FROM tblDisk WHERE (((tblDisk.test)>0));"

hth
Chris

Thanks so much for the help. That worked great!

kdk13

Hello -

I'm having the same problem, but can't seem to get it to work. Here's my sql statment:

strSQL = "SELECT paymentamount FROM t_paymentamounts WHERE callingplan = '" & LDplan & "'"

I need to have paymentamount as a currency field, but the whole code errors out when I try to format the sql statement to currency.

I'd greatly appreciate any help!
Thanks,
Ellen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back