Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to format from nfts to fat32? I'm reinstalling win 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

softdrink

Programmer
Jul 26, 2001
CA
I;m reinstalling win 2000 and my c drive is in nfts format. I want to format it as fat32 before I reinstall win 2000. Is the commant "format c /fs:fat32???

ALSO I have 2 other partissions, after reinstallation on win 200, there drives will not be affected right?

thanks,

softdrink

when u load 2000 with bootdisks (floppies) it will give u the option to format either in fat32 or ntfs Thanks, Todd
When in doubt, kick 'er in the guts

win 2000 boot disks??? Floppy???

I have win 2000 installation cd andanother very shiny cd. is that whay you mean?

softdrink

i think u can get boot floppies from the microsoft site to use in conjunction with the 2000 build disk. sorry, dont have time to source it for you, am heading home Thanks, Todd
When in doubt, kick 'er in the guts

Clean install with 2K, should give you the option to format using FAT32 prior to installation. Throw the disk in, create the partician and format it.

You could use a win98 boot disk to fdisk the drive and format it as FAT32. Get the boot disk from
OR

Not the best sites but should get you going....

Hewissa

MCSE, CCNA, CIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back