Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to force Storage Center to retry archiving recordings that are still on the logger

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOpotamus

Programmer
Mar 29, 2010
CO
Hi tek tippers

((( THE INTRO)))

I have been working from past years second semester in a migration from a 3.1 system to a 4.1 system.

I got something very weird for me, but that can be a "work as designed" feature.

The migration of databases was done by Nice profesional services, and the migration tool said "migration has been succesful"

Nevertheless, the are lots, thousands of recordings that are not playable on the migrated system.

The main reason is that there are NO RECORDS in the nice_storage_center..tblstoragecenterXX tables in the migrated system and thats due to the records were JUST IGNORED by the migration tool.

(Nice says that its a customers fault and might be right, but by weeks when they were staging, they never mentioned that to us, nor to the customer)

so we got to fix it, or make a manual download of the calls [upsidedown]

(((THE PROBLEM)))

On the old 3.1 system we have lots of interactions with two problems:

1. records in the nice_interactions..tblstoragecenterXX tables with the vcarchivepath field empty or erroneous
2. non existent records in the nice_interactions..tblstoragecenterXX tables

We did a select of all the records on nice_interactions..tblstoragecenterXX with vcarchivepath field empty or erroneous and modified the ifsarchiveclass to 0 (not archived) and ifsretrycount to 0, and later configured a past rule to archive everything in the corresponding date range

The weird thing is that the SC only "reprocesses" the records that had that vcarchivepath field empty or erroneous.
BUT NEVER inserted new records on the nice_interactions..tblstoragecenterXX
currently these recordings can be played from the logger.

Is there something I am missing to get the SC to archive the records that are still on the logger?

(this is to be done all in the old system, since the new system just have no relationship with the old logger)

I have read the related thread thread911-1678108 a lot of times!

Thanks a lot

=== having a NICE time with NICE ===

Are you trying to re-archive the calls in the 3.1 or 4.1 solution?

If in 4.1 you need to create a historical storage rule.

If 3.1 there is a flag somewhere in registry if I remember right that tells the system to only go back as far as 7 days. This can be changed but can only go back to a maximum of 50 days if I remember right. Unfortunately this doesn't appear to be in the manuals and I can't remember who I had these issues for trying to re archive historical calls

Some days I do my job, other days it feels like I'm doing everyone elses job, other days I should have stayed at home and mowed the lawns.

Do you still need assistance with this? I do what parameter that you need to alter in the Database... Thanks.

Sorry, that was supposed to say "I know what parameter to change" - It's been a long day :)

sidradical, thanks for your intention of giving me a hand

the parameter was mentioned in a past episode of tek-tips

thread911-1678108

JohanEikeland said:
I solved the problem by changeing the value idaysForTaskLength in dbo.tblSCServers from the default value 50 to 250

The matter is that I changed that, and the problem was not so easy to solve

for the last 3 years, customer was archiving, applying one general SC rule with only one filter, "archive everything with duration more than 4 seconds"

I tweaked the SC tables, and force the rearchiving with a past rule

what was the result?

thousands of glitched calls with less than 4 seconds, but system never tried to rearchive the useful calls.

note: I have digged deep into nice, and surely they would not like my practices, but as I told, the will not change their mind regarding a paid migration service.

=== having a NICE time with NICE ===

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back