Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to force print text even if there is no data assiciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

kzhangkzhang

Programmer
Mar 9, 2004
US
Hi I am working on a Oracle 6i report. The final report looks like:

====================================================
Sample Oracle Report

Org ID: 1
Org Name: MUS

Org ID: 2
Org Name: MFG

====================================================

The report layout looks like:

Org ID: F_org_id
Org Name: F_org_name

Above 4 elements (2 text labels and 2 field elements) are included in a repeating frame called M_MY_ORG. The associated SQL query is like:

select org_id, org_name from my_org where org_id like nvl:)P_ORG_ID, '%')

Here P_ORG_ID is a token variable...

Here is my simple question: P_ORG_ID is associated with an non-existing org id, the select statement will return nothing. In this case, I want report printed as following:

Sample Oracle Report

Org ID:
Org Name:

===========================================

Basically, I like the report print out both "Org ID" and "Org Name" text label even if there is no data found. How to do this?

Thanks!

Ke

Hi,
Place additional Boilerplate labels on your current lables and add Format trigger to it.
Check if there is no data returned by your query then the additional Boilerplates are printed based upon the condition specified in your Fromat triggers.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu

Hi Himanshu:

Thank you for the help? How to check the no data returned by a query group object?

Thanks!

Ke

You may place the additional labels that HimanB suggested not above, but beneath the repeating frame. Then make the background of the repeating frame to be white instead of the transparent. Now if some data returned by the query, the repeating frame will cover and hide the additional labels. If no data, so no repeating frame, the additional labels will show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back